Thursday, April 20, 2017

Fabric Karma

Doc needed black embroidery thread, I needed serger white, and the one and only fabric store in our area finally offered boy prints small enough for underwear!  It's a challenge to find suitable prints for Gregor and Michael Tonner!

I always take all coupons, my teaching discount card, and buy as frugally as possible.  Invariably, I get "cheated" via incorrect measuring (human error but no, 17" is NOT a half yard!! with doll clothes, one inch of fabric is important!) yet being charged the amount I requested.  Often, the cashier will use a 40% coupon rather than the 50%, and worse, will not use the coupon at all because................ some nonsense!  I just have to accept it; they are the only game in town.

Today, the store had just received cute knits suitable for boy dolls!  I bought enough to last me through the Christmas season.  The cashier took a long time, had to restart, did not use my teacher discount card until I reminded her TWICE! Two separate times!!  I can just hear 3 year old Natasha saying, "seriously??" She told me the total, which I thought seemed too low but I don't question or challenge those workers.  They are stressed!!

When I returned home and looked at my receipt, I was correct.  The total should have been higher.  I was not charged for some of the fabric!  Doc would call this "karma" because I don't complain about all the other errors and today, the "error" was in my favor!!!  Thank you, stressed worker!

No comments:

Post a Comment