Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tink

Yikes, this sock is too short!
Last night, while thoroughly enjoying The Blind Side and knitting on hubby's navy socks, I accidentally made them a tad short! When he tried them on, with four decreases to the gusset already, he commented that "they're a bit snug but they're ok." That translates to "I won't wear them much; they aren't very comfortable."

So this morning, I began to tink (opposite of knit) all the way back to the heel flap. Dark navy and size one dpns made this a tedious but neccesary process. I detest split yarn and stitches so doctored those along the way! It took awhile to tink but yes, I'm very happy I chose to do this.

Once I draft a perfect size sock for such a wide, sturdy foot, I will be sure to write down details! His customized socks will fit no other foot, that is certain!

No comments:

Post a Comment