Sunday, August 1, 2010

Returning to Colorado


Jeff and I remember disinheriting our tankful of fish and packing an orange and white VW bus to drive from Vandenberg AFB in California to our final destination, The Air Force Academy. We had two babies, a two month old and a 22 month old, and drove to Pasco, Washington for a visit with my Mom and Pop, before continuing to Colorado. We still love road trips!!


We were a green family long before it was popular. I cloth diapered the babies.............. until a few days after our arrival to Colorado. The dry air, to which we were NOT accustomed, caused such dryness in hands that were constantly washing and diapering and more diapering..........that my knuckles would crack and bleed. It was horrible! We switched to Pampers and used an inordinate amount of skin cream!


A wonderful, dear friend who recently arrived in Corpus Christi from the Denver area, brought the most unusual and most appropriate gift for a fellow knitter! She guarantees this is the BEST. I believe her and will keep it in my knitting bag. Knitting is always at my side, in my pocket, or trailing me somehow, and the hand cream will be right there too! Thank you, Joan!


No comments:

Post a Comment