Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Skype and Frog

This is what my sweater looked like after skyping! I frogged all but the first few rows! Ugh! Here's the story why frogging was necessary:


Early this morning, skyping with daughter and grandson, I happily showed the five inches of my sweater back. I want to wear the hooded cardigan this fall and it's going quickly!


Well...............after we "hung up", I looked closely at my sweater and realized that all my cables were in the same direction! They were supposed to alternate C4F and C4B with the C4B knit within the diamond design. I knit both sleeves and the design is gorgeous! The back was WRONG! I plan to wear this sweater forever, and want it right so............ the quickest way to fix was to frog the entire thing.


Yes I could have gone to each cable pattern, ripped it down the five inches and picked up the stitches again. But from my experience, the cables aren't as neat and even when you have to rip and pick up the stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment