Thursday, September 1, 2011

Organized and Efficient - 24/7

Most people use the word "busy" to describe their day or life. I've heard that word used as an excuse waaaay too often! When people say, "wow, you're so busy," I wonder what they do with their 24 hours a day, every day!

The doll panty and briefs part of my business is huge and I have to sew for a couple doll sizes every other day (between 2 - 5 dozen) to keep a supply ready. Today I sewed for Bethany Kish and Sasha.
After listing doll panties and a couple of outfits for sale, I had a chance to start the kids' quilt for the hospital. I borrowed the guest room and placed the rotary mat onto the oak table leaf that is stored under the guest bed. It's important to have a very firm cutting surface to accurately cut quilt pieces to sew.
This turned out to be a very efficient work space to cut and place the sections to be ready to sew. Kristine's Andy watched for awhile and then took a nap!
Yesterday a customer at the post office commented about how organized and well packaged and labeled my items were. The postal workers didn't have to wait for me and as I waited, I knit! As usual! What can I say? I run a business. Time is money and if I'm not producing, I can't expect to earn money. Below is my mailing station in Santa's Workshop. The wooden church holds sold items; if they are in bubble envelopes, I've received payment. If they are still in clear plastic, I'm waiting for payment.
The red pockets hold labels, business cards, tape, mailers................. I print labels and business cards in advance about once a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment