Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Family Treasures

 Cherie and I made a mess of my extensive stash of knitting needles and crochet hooks.
Yay! The search is over!!   We might never know why it's very important to Mom that I have the crochet hook with the 25 cents stamp but it is safely guarded!!
The special tablecloths are gifts from Mom and my Godmother.  I love them and will use them until I can no longer manage.  Then they will be gifted to my daughters.
When we moved into the Barn in March of 2011, Mom started an afghan for us and named it "The Heirloom."  It's a beautiful piece and I will happily finish the knitting and use it often with much gratitude and fond memories of Mom's knitting.  She reads all the time but no longer knits.
This gift of beret and collar meant nothing until this morning!! I'm almost certain that my Aunt Pearl wore this set when visiting us in DC in the Spring when the cherry blossoms were in full bloom.  Pat and I were little; it was before the family moved to Puerto Rico. It might have been 1956 or thereabouts.  Doc has scanned all the family pics so tonight I'll request he help me find this era of photos that are stored via Amazon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment