Friday, June 16, 2017

Nervous Condition?

school socks for 2017-18

I went from St. Mark to the PO on Grove Street and arrived there at 8:39 AM.  I have a doll order going to the United Kingdom and needed customs so could not use the electronic station.  As always, I have knitting with me and quickly whipped out the little boy socks, going toe up and proceeded to knit 2 inches of foot before the PO window opened. I'm passionate about knitting and also choose to use my time well.

People enter, am amazed that the Post Office is not open at 8:00! Some leave, some just get in line.

One lady who got in line after me, asked "when does it open?" then seeing my hands knitting asked, "Do you have a nervous condition?"

My answer, "no, I'm working as I wait to mail out of the country."

She proceeded to talk non-stop, all self-centered, is 77, just got back from a week in Italy, went to a grandson's proposal ceremony in London, complete with photographer, bought a leather wallet from Italy for her sister in law who lives in Arizona and wanted a "person" to talk to rather than use the electronic station to mail it to her, is going to Indiana to a family reunion on June 27th, hubby is high energy but now has a bad back and is losing his vision, twin grandsons who are now 11 with Japanese Mom go to Japan once a year to visit Gramma and speak Japanese with an American accent.................. on and on and on.  Who has the nervous condition??  Whew!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment