Saturday, June 19, 2010

Child's Heirloom Aran Cardigan


Thirty-four years ago, Mom sent me so many skeins of this Irish fisherman yarn that after I knit her request, an adult cardigan for her, she asked me to keep the leftovers. Oh yeah! I love this yarn and have not seen it in any yarn shops for more than thirty years. It's treated so that it is waterproof, is sort of between DK and worsted weight, and 100 percent wool. It must be dry cleaned. I love it!


With the leftover, I knit my infant son a cardigan in size three. He was five months old at the time but I knew he would grow!! He wore the sweater from age 2 1/2 to age 3 1/2 and then his little sister wore it for a couple of years.


Here is a picture, minus one button that was lost sometime during the last 34 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment