Friday, October 7, 2011

Sweater For 18 Inch Dolls Step 2

STEP 1: See prior post. Step one is casting on and working a neckband of 4-6 rows of ribbing. Step one included dividing the stitches into segments of front, sleeve, back, sleeve, and front.

STEP 2: You will work stockinette stitch and increase (I like kf&b http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILcTB5hc0XM) on every knit row, before and after each marker. Purl rows = purl every stitch, moving each marker from left needle to the right needle as you come to it.

I tend to make a "band" on each front; I prefer seed stitch but garter stitch is also a nice choice.

2 comments:

  1. It all makes perfect sense! I have done a baby cardigan with the same type of patterning. I just hadn't ever figured out how to do a mini for a doll and on the sock yarn. Thanks!

    I'm going to pick up some sock yarn in the next couple days and get started. Definitely plenty of time for Xmas. It's small enough to whip out. I appreciate you posting it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, it's the same as the baby cardigan and you will whip it up well before needed for Christmas. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete