Thursday, October 2, 2014

Awesome!

He made me a cozy fire this morning.  Below is my nest where I will sleep with raised head for another two nights, per Dr. Allen's requests.  It's paying off! Very little bruising, just swelling so that my glasses don't really fit.

 Medicine includes: pea ice pack because it conforms so nicely to the face, eye antibiotic, and tylenol.
The waiting room for patients and family was well stocked with snacks and drinks.  I took some for the memories they brought (Cheez-its because Brooklyn loves them, cookies because Scout ate an entire package when she stole them from Kristine's backpack, and chocolate because what's not to like?) eventho I had no interest in eating them.  Jeff wasn't interested either.  We got to visit in between taking skin samples and waiting for the slides to be read.
This morning, I stayed here until I was out of wood to burn!  I'm not interested in wandering much; don't want to trigger any negative responses.
 This was driving West to the appointment, with snow capped views.  Awesome!
The view from our waiting room was also awesome!  Dr. Allen, and his main right hand for surgery, Rachel, are wonderful.  He did extra stitching (plastic surgery so the eyelid would work normally) using a very fine thread and a horizontal mattress stitch.  It took forever! When he was done, he viewed my open eye and pronounced, "beautiful!"  He is the best in this field!!

No comments:

Post a Comment