Sunday, February 8, 2009

New Library Opened


Yeah! We finally have a public library in our neighborhood! Prior to its opening, we had to drive nine miles to the nearest public library. The best part is that during the school year, it is opened on Sunday afternoons and has a marvelous section in knitting, crocheting, and cooking. I check out cooking books rarely, crochet books never, but thoroughly enjoy the knitting books!


Just for fun, I wanted to find out if there is a name for my preferred method of casting on stitches. I'm self-taught, knit mostly by myself or with second grade students, and have been using this style of cast on almost exclusively for the past 48 years. I teach the children a basic style that my Aunt Myrtle taught me when I was making the thumbs of mittens. Otherwise, I use something called "double cast-on --thumb method." Here's the book that showed my method perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment